Thursday, November 24, 2011

Taxicab Man

Taxicab man, tell us where we’re going
           The seats are breathing and skies towing
        Away the clouds to reveal the stars
Exposing my pupils, the size of mars
              Looking away in the comfort of shade
          Each passerby catches those eyes
And I watch their evils trail slowly behind
         They exit in forms of waves
        Sticking from their backs as thoughts rave

About the end of days
 Soon to come, and o what fun!
So thought this foolish vertebrate
   The spine of time
  Only breaks when the sunshine
       Emits a rapture of rays

Into the streets I heard the sounds of the weak
  Booming in the open as I struggled each step
I glanced behind, then lost my mind
  For all masks of flesh had now shed
Those guised, pale faces
 Lifted my skull from containment
I thanked them as I flew towards the sky
   But as I reached the moon
       The trip suddenly bloomed
            And I questioned it without a “Why?”

No comments:

Post a Comment