Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Sun is Racist

Moses warned me
Touch not, and the sea will rise
trust the sun and swallow your pride
He mentioned nothing of sickness,
or poverty,
or pollution,
or suffering,
or the true nature of man
who hates the sun for his cancer

When I was a child I welcomed his arrival
but now old, I wait for it to set
Neither sites proving to me the existence of God
I've been blinded by the rays
Seeking the Eye hidden in the center
"The Eye of God" they say
But, like all Bigots,
The Sun refuses to show his true color
So he blinds me in spite

Now I curse his arrival
Sleeping in the day until the ecstasy of night
when the moon soothes my wounded soul
A selfish bastard, I am
Knowing somewhere beyond the horizon
A cold young girl prays for light
as her praying fingers freeze black
and her world ascends into darkness
while blessed by the bastard sun

A worthless circle of flame,
giving me only drought and distraught
Thinking of Moses,
who thanked the Lord for it's warmth
and of the tribes who worship it

Though I am no religious man,
each night I pray for that frozen child
So the sun will lift my own suffering
and depart my coast
to greet her in the morning of the Sabbath

No comments:

Post a Comment